We are so excited to announce that Mrs. Grabill's 3rd grade class has been chosen as aÂ preliminary finalist in the national "Scotties Trees Rock" contest. Hundreds of schoolsÂ acrossÂ the nation submitted videos explaining why they think trees rock.Â
Mrs. Grabill's class, along with 10 other schools have made it to the final round and are all competing for the grand prize of $10,000. Mrs. Grabill's class has decided that if they win the contest, they want to use the money to build a greenhouse for Oakwood.Â
The winner will be decided by whoever has the most votes and we need your help! Voting will not end until February 6.Â
Please read carefully over the voting rules below:
- Online voting starts on January 12 and continues through February 6 - all voting is done online at www.scottiestreesrock.com
- Please read voting section of the rules to the contest. Remember voters must be 18 years of age, so kids will need their parents' help.Â
- Voters have to register on the site the first time they vote - after that they will be able to go right into the site with email address only.
- Each person may vote once a day.
- Every vote is an entry into a sweepstakes to win a Scotties Care Package - If helping Oakwood to win is not enough, feel free to use the sweepstakes as an incentive to get people to vote.
The QR code below can also be scanned and will take you directly to online voting.Â Â
Remy Mitchell, Abril Insaurralde, Camille Saverino, Camille Guimbard, Wyatt Schmidt, and William Doumaux are the six students that have spent many days after school producing this wonderful video that explains just how important trees are. Congratulations to you all and Mrs. Grabill and good luck!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (252) 931-0760 ext.1305.