Mission, Philosophy, Belief, and Vision Statements
The Oakwood School Mission Statement
The Oakwood School seeks to instill in its students the strength of character, the creativity, and the wisdom to make a difference in the world.
The Oakwood School Statement of Philosophy
The Oakwood School exists to help its students to learn and to love learning, to value themselves and others, and to become contributing members of ever-larger communities.
The Oakwood School Belief Statements
- We believe in respect, responsibility, and honesty to self and others.
- We believe students become enthusiastic lifelong learners and develop a sense of community in small classes where they are valued and supported by others and where their talents and energy are recognized and enhance the common life.
- We believe that the need to develop positive relationships with others is as basic to human nature as is the need to learn.
- We believe that students come to understand that their growth occurs in the context of others' needs and views; that their own gifts can enrich the lives of others; and that other human beings, however different, have inherent dignity and value.
- We believe that both within and beyond the school walls, students learn that service to others is one of the deepest satisfactions the human spirit can know.
The Oakwood School Vision Statement
We seek to be the school of choice for families who value a 21st century education.