Here is this Sunday’s rehearsal schedule.
Here is the schedule for this Sunday. Everyone is called for the whole rehearsal. Hopefully, this is a clearer format, but if you ever have a question about if you should be at rehearsal, please email me.
If you have not filled out the conflict survey, please do so ASAP, even if you already filled your conflicts in on the audition form:
Here is this week’s schedule.
Thanks for an amazing first rehearsal!!!
Here is this week’s schedule!
The cast list has been posted at the Upper School! Don’t forget to initial next to your name, so we know you have seen the cast list. If you do not want to participate, email Ms. Elana (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wed. 9/13.
If you didn’t audition, you can still participate….
Come one, come all to the
2018 Oakwood Musical
The title is a mystery, but get ready for awesome dance numbers, catchy tunes, fun characters and rockin’ costumes and sets!
Wednesday, September 6th
Friday, September 8th
Mrs. Sauls’ Room (US Chorus)
Students will not be allowed to audition without turning in completed and signed audition packet forms. See Ms. Elana, Mrs. Scully or Mrs. Sauls for a packet.
If you cannot attend either day of auditions, contact Ms. Elana (email@example.com)
Please prepare one of the following songs:
Edelweiss (from The Sound of Music)
We’re All in This Together (from High School Musical)
Sheet music included in the audition packet
- This year, the musical will be a STRICTLY UPPER SCHOOL production with NO MIDDLE OR LOWER SCHOOL
- This year, students who want to participate in BASKETBALL or SWIMMING in addition to the musical will be able to fit both into their schedules. When making a commitment to both a sport and the musical, however, take into consideration that the schedule will be very busy for those students involved in both, especially if basketball makes it to the playoffs. Students and parents should discuss this heavy workload and make sure that the student can balance school, rehearsals, and practices with a good attitude and a minimum of stress. In addition, commitment to one of these teams may affect the student’s casting.
- There will be rehearsals scheduled on the MLK Day holiday and over Midwinter Break
- Contract forms must be returned before students will be allowed to audition for the production.
- A performance fee of $95 is required to be in this production. This fee is non-refundable and will be billed to the accounts of the cast members.
- All casting decisions will be made at the discretion of the production team. Students and parents/ guardians will not make phone calls, send emails, or try to engage the directors in conversation regarding casting decisions.
- Casting will be posted Monday, September 11th. Confirm your casting by initialing next to your name on the callboard or contact the directors by September 13th if you do not want to participate.
We will not be announcing the title of the 2018 production until after auditions, but, be assured, this year’s musical will be full of awesome dance numbers, great featured roles for students of all experience levels, and opportunities for really fun costumes and sets. For those who have never performed before, this production will be a good chance to get your feet wet. For those who are old pros, this production will be challenging and give you a chance to improve your skills.
Two important changes to note:
This year the musical will be a STRICTLY UPPER SCHOOL (grades 8-12) production. We do hope to include 6th and 7th graders in our backstage, construction and stage management crews.
This year, students who want to participate in BASKETBALL or SWIMMING in addition to the musical will be able to fit both one of those sports and the play into their schedules. Students participating in both will have busy schedules, especially in the case of the teams making the playoffs, so this should be considered before making a commitment.
If you have any questions, unrelated to casting or the title of the play, feel free to reach out to Ms. Kepner: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a tentative schedule and may be subject to changes: